Home » DbVisualizer Forums » DbVisualizer » DbVisualizer - Support

Thread: Filter does not work

Permlink Replies: 6 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Feb 18, 2012 11:45 AM Last Post By: zaj
zaj

Filter does not work
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 9:04 AM
   thread.click_reply Reply
Hello there,

I am using MSSql 2005 db and dbvis 8.07. the issue i have is in the Object view -- Data tab, when i enter a number to filter the col with that record,Dbvis does not return that row.but when i write i query like this it gets the row.

select * from receipt where
transactionNumber = 1059005503

why is it so. i also tried selecting the col in the filter.i have also attached a screenshot

cheers
Zold
Roger Bjarevall

Re: Filter does not work
Posted: Feb 18, 2012 10:06 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: zaj
   thread.click_reply Reply
Zold,

The quick filter field filters only the active result set that is displayed in the grid. It doesn't filter the complete table (in case not all rows are displayed). Is this what you experience?

Regards

Roger
zaj

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 11:28 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Roger Bjarevall
   thread.click_reply Reply
Roger

thanks for your feedback. i also thought this was the case,so i increased the rows to 10000 and again typed the text in the search,but still it did not return the record.
zaj

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 11:32 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: zaj
   thread.click_reply Reply
by the way by default it shows 1000 in the data tab,can i change the value to say 10000 from the data tab or no. i mean i want it to show 1000 by default but i want to increase more records.how can i do it.now when i enter 10000,nothing seems to happen.am i missng something
Roger Bjarevall

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 11:34 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: zaj
   thread.click_reply Reply
Zolt,

The reason you still don't see any match is probably because the string you enter in the quick search does not match any of the rows in the result set displayed in DbVisualizer.

You should probably look into the "Where Filtering" feature which is used to limit the rows on the server side via a where clause. Read more here:

http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/databaseExplorer/databaseExplorer.html#mozTocId906372

This is also much better from a performance view since only the rows you are looking for will be handled.

Regards

Roger
Roger Bjarevall

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 11:36 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: zaj
   thread.click_reply Reply
Zolt,

There is no incremental support in DbVisualizer whereas you can automatically retrieve next nn rows by for example scrolling the grid to the bottom.

Please check my previous post about Where Filtering which I believe is what you are looking for.

Regards

Roger
zaj

Posted: Feb 18, 2012 11:45 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Roger Bjarevall
   thread.click_reply Reply
Roger,

thanks for your help.appreciate it

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums