Home » DbVisualizer Forums » DbVisualizer » DbVisualizer - Feature Requests

Thread: Lock result tab option

Permlink Replies: 2 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: May 15, 2008 3:24 PM Last Post By: Russ
Russ

Lock result tab option
Posted: May 14, 2008 7:01 PM
   thread.click_reply Reply
It would be nice (at least for me) to have the ability to lock a results tab that would prevent it from being accidentally closed. I do a lot of work in the tab windows using "Reload current view" and "Load SQL into Editor" and sometimes I accidentally close a tab I am interested in and then have to hunt through the history to get the query back.

I know I could do something similar by making use of the tab pins but since I default to always pin a tab it won't work. Plus that would still open the possibility for closing a tab by accident.

Obviously the workaround for this is for me to have more discipline when closing tabs but it seems like this may be useful to others too.
Roger Bjarevall

Re: Lock result tab option
Posted: May 15, 2008 8:42 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Russ
   thread.click_reply Reply
Russ,

The pin functionality is there just to make sure result sets are not accidently closed. We can of course add an optional confirmation step that will prompt whether a result set really should be closed or not. Would this be sufficient?

Regards

Roger
Russ

Re: Lock result tab option
Posted: May 15, 2008 3:24 PM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Roger Bjarevall
   thread.click_reply Reply
Roger,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I suppose I could use the pins in a better way but even if I changed to just pin tabs I was interested in (because again I pin them all by default) it still wouldn't prevent me from hitting ctrl-F4 too quickly without thinking. There's also the issue of hitting "Close all pinned" instead of "Close all unpinned" by accident (they're right next to each other).

Adding a confirmation would certainly help in all these cases but I think that would get annoying after a while.

This really all just boils down to a case of me being lazy and careless :-) I'd like to be able to cleanup tabs without having to think which ones are safe to close or not. Being able to lock a tab to prevent it from being closed until it is unlocked would just make my life easier.

I can live without it - I just thought it would be nice to have.

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums