Home » DbVisualizer Forums » DbVisualizer » DbVisualizer - Support

Thread: Error Schema Name in References view.

Permlink Replies: 4 - Pages: 1 - Last Post: Feb 21, 2007 7:09 AM Last Post By: Roger Bjarevall
Ryan Tan

Error Schema Name in References view.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 6:41 AM
   thread.click_reply Reply
 global.attachment image1.jpg (41.5 KB )
I encounter an naming error when SCHEMA1.TABLE1 references to SCHEMA2.TABLE2, from the References view, it should display SCHEMA1.TABLE1--->SCHEMA2.TABLE2 but the DbVisualizer 4.5 display it as SCHEMA2.TABLE1--->SCHEMA2.TABLE2.

If the referenced table is from same schema, the References View will be fine. What the problem if the referenced table is from different schema, Reference View will always display the wrong schema name like OTHERSCHEMA.MAINTABLE--->OTHERSCHEMA.OTHERTABLE which supposely MAINSCHEMA.MAINTABLE--->OTHERSCHEMA.OTHERTABLE.

I have attached a generated References table file. From the screenshot, there are 4 relationships for table XERMADM.HOST. 3 relationships are link to same schema's tables and 1 relationship is linked to different schema's table. The error here is happened in that relationship that linked to different schema's table, XERMSYS.S_COUNTRY. It displayed as XERMSYS.HOST--->XERMSYS.S_COUNTRY which should displayed as XERMADM.HOST--->XERMSYS.S_COUNTRY.

Hope you guys look into this problem. Thanks.

Regards,
Ryan Tan
Roger Bjarevall

Re: Error Schema Name in References view.
Posted: Aug 28, 2006 11:01 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Ryan Tan
   thread.click_reply Reply
Ryan,

Cross schema/database references are currently not supported. This is on our todo list.

Regards

Roger
Ryan Tan

Posted: Aug 28, 2006 11:15 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Roger Bjarevall
   thread.click_reply Reply
Roger,

I see, thanks for the reply. Look forward to this fix. thanks for this amazing database tools.

Regards,

Ryan

MattK

Posted: Feb 5, 2007 5:48 PM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: Roger Bjarevall
   thread.click_reply Reply
I see a similar condition using DbVis 5.1.1.1 against SQL Server 2000. Given two tables with different owner/schemas, one schema name is incorrectly replaced with the other.

For example, if rpt.employeeDepartments -> dbo. Employees, the references diagram displays both tables with dbo: dbo.employeeDepartments -> dbo. Employees

Roger Bjarevall

Posted: Feb 21, 2007 7:09 AM    global.in_response_to.tooltip in response to: MattK
   thread.click_reply Reply
Ryan & Matt,

This problem is fixed in the next version.

Regards

Roger

Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in all forums